|— Name disclaimer —|
|The real name of this character is currently unknown.|
She is a brown-haired skinny woman with a tied pigtail. She has black eyes like her son. She usually wears a red blouse, light blue pants, and white shoes. She also usually wears large circular glasses meaning.
She is easy to surprise and distract, as seen in chapter 5 when she got very excited talking to others at the parents night, and even seemed to have a great fascination with the work of Johanna as a graphic designer, to notice more excited than usual. She supports
She clearly cares for her family as she is clearly enthusiastic about what her son does or encouraging him, to the point of feeling terrified when she saw David roll abruptly on the floor (due to him hiding a baby Troll under his sweater). Like her son she can be quite fearfull at times, like when she heard Alfur call Hilda, she clinged onto her husband thinking that there was a ghost (she couldn't see Alfur after all). She might be oblivious to her surroundings, like not noticing David switching places with Hilda in Chapter 6 or Johanna under control by tide mice while sitting next to her.
She is married to David's father.
- "Chapter 3: The Bird Parade" (only her design. See Trivia)
- "Chapter 5: The Troll Rock" (debut)
- "Chapter 6: The Nightmare Spirit"
- "Chapter 8: The Tide Mice" (cameo)
- "Chapter 12: The Nisse"
- "Chapter 13: The Black Hound"
- "Chapter 10: The Yule Lads" (cameo)
Both she and her husband are never seen or mentioned in the graphic novels.
The Hilda Tie-In Series does occasionally mention them, most prominently in "Hilda and the Great Parade", where Ms. Hallgrim tells Hilda she received complaints from both David's and Frida's parents regarding the adventure with the Bragga Family. In Hilda and the Nowhere Space David mentions that his parents are light sleepers and wake up easily. A thing that is not mentioned in the series. About what little is mentioned about his parents in the tie-inn series comes over as they have complete opposite characters as in the series. However, she still plays no direct role in any of the stories.
- She and her husband seemingly have a Welsh accent.
- She claims that David's work of rocks is the best job he has ever done.
- Altough not confirmed yet, she must have a like in horses as she was seen reading a magazine about horses called 'stallions'.
- She is one of only a very few human characters with black bead eyes. Others are her son (David), the girl in Trevor's group of friends, Gil Jones and Baba in her human form.
- Her design is based on the show's director's wife, Erika Coyle, while David's dad is based on the director himself, Andy Coyle. Additionally, in episode 3, there's a scene where David's parents can be seen with two other kids in the background, which they are based on Andy and Erika's kids. This means that it is actually Coyle's family that was shown in episode 3, not David's parents with David's supposed siblings which the community had rumored about.