|— Name disclaimer —|
|The real name of this character is currently unknown.|
He is a blond man with short hair and a large beard that extends across his face. He appears to have black eyes like his son.
He usually wears a white shirt with red sleeves, dark blue pants, and gray shoes. Sometimes he also wears a brown jacket over his usual attire at important events.
From what little we see of him, David's dad seems to be optimistic and is always happy to encourage his son as much as possible, as in the parent's night when David presents his collection of stones, he is clearly proud.
He seems to be a bit confused on occasion, like when Hilda disguises herself as David in Chapter 6: The Nightmare Spirit. He didn't even notice it was actually Hilda instead of David when he stopped his "son" to check for any bugs. In Chapter 5: The Troll Rock, he saw himself convinced that his son really was dancing when he was rolling around the floor, while in reality, David was trying to hide a young troll under his sweater.
David's dad seems to be a loving husband and a loving father, clearly caring about his family and giving his support or comfort when they need it.
He is married to David's mom, and has David as a son.
- "Chapter 3: The Bird Parade" (only his design. See Trivia)
- "Chapter 5: The Troll Rock" (debut)
- "Chapter 6: The Nightmare Spirit"
- "Chapter 9: The Ghost" (mentioned)
- "Chapter 12: The Nisse"
- "Chapter 13: The Black Hound"
Both he and his wife are never seen or mentioned in the graphic novels.
The Hilda Tie-In Series does occasionally mention them, most prominently in "Hilda and the Great Parade", where Ms. Hallgrim tells Hilda she received complaints from both David's and Frida's parents regarding their adventure with the Bragga Family. However, he still plays no direct role in any of the stories.
- He and his wife seem to have a Liverpudlian accent.
- When David was born his dad bought a video camera to record all his achievements.
- His design is based on the director of the show, Andy Coyle. The same goes for David's mum, which is based on Andy's wife, Erika Coyle. She's also working on the show in Mercury Filmworks. Additionally, in episode 3, there's a scene where David's parents can be seen with two other kids in the background, which they are based on Andy and Erika's children. This means it is actually Coyle's family that was shown in episode 3, not David's parents with David's supposed siblings which the community had rumored about.
- He keeps a collection of nutcrackers in the basement of their house